Both kids were really happy with that version. I thought I will make the same chicken however paired it up with a pasta that was given to by my friend when she went visiting her daughter in Italy. And also I had a packet of McCormick's Herbs and Cheese that soon will be expiring.
It is quite simple to do this. You need three different bowl. Fillet dip into flour, next into egg mixture and then to breadcrumbs and place in a lined baking tray and bake. And you get a beautiful baked chicken - it reminds me of like production line....
Oven Fried Chicken
Source :- http://www.laurenslatest.com/oven-fried-chicken-the-best-coleslaw-ever/
for the chicken-
4 chicken thighs, skin and extra fat removed & rinsed - I used about 800gm of chicken breast
1/2 cup all purpose flour + salt & pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons milk
3 dashes hot sauce + salt & pepper to taste
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt & pepper, to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
Note - my bread crumbs had herbs to it so I did not add any Cajun or paprika only salt & pepper.
2. Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
3. First bowl, add in flour, salt and pepper, mix well and set aside
4. Second bowl whisk egg with mil, pepper and salt, hot sauce .
5. Third bowl add bread crumbs, Cajun seasoning and paprika, salt and pepper and oil - mix well
6. Dredge prepared chicken in flour, next dip into egg mixture and finally into bread crumb mixture and place on prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden and chicken is completely cooked thoroughly.
My version of Pasta with Cheese and Herbs
1 packet of pasta (about 250gm) - boil al dente
1 packet of McCormick's Herb and Cheese
4-5 pip of garlic - minced finely
a handful of broccoli - sliced into small size
2-3 tbs of olive oil
1. Heat olive oil. Saute the garlic till fragrant
2. Add in broccoli. Mix well - fry for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add in the pasta and the cheese and herb packet.
4. Stir well and cook for another 3 -4 minute and ready to serve.
|Tagliatelline Pasta |
|Chicken all ready to be baked|
|Crunchy and golden brown and well done|
|Pasta with broccoli and herbs and cheese all ready|
|All ready with the pasta and chicken - |
Really need to improve on my photography - the chicken looked burnt although it is not.