I was so lazy to go out and get groceries plus it was Saturday normally a vegetarian day...I decided to use what ever is available from around fridge. Thus this recipe which was from here Original recipe calls for pressure cooker, but I used the usual snail way....just relaxing saturday mode...
My comments : simple and yet delicious
2 medium size potatoes
2 medium size tomatoes
1 medium size onion
1/2 tsp dried kasthuri methi
1/2tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp cumin powder
3/4 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp of turmeric
chopped coriander leaves
water if necessary
|Chapatis - moistened with ghee....|
How to do:
- Chopped all ingredients
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add in cumin seeds and ginger garlic paste and let it simmer
- Add in onions, saute on high heat and add in chopped tomatoes. Mix well, cover lid and let it cook well and add little salt to soften it fast
- Add all the spice powders, stir together and slightly cover with the lid.. Let the moisture get into it back to get the tomatoes soft.
- Next add the potatoes along with the dried kasthuri methi, mix well and let it simmer till the potatoes are crispy.
- Add required amount of water and cook till potatoes are done.
- Add in chopped coriander leaves and serve...
|Aloo Tamatar with Kasthuri Methi|