Qatar celebrates Mothers Dayon Wednesday, March 21. We, however decided to have it on saturday instead...
It was a pot luck party with some games, arts and crafts demonstration, slide presentation on mothers, exchange of gift and last not least food, food and more food......
Guess like many other good things, you just can't separate ladies and good food....
I made an eggless moist chocolate cake..To my surprise it turn out very good. The cake itself is good enough without topping but I decided to have a simple one to just "make up" the cake....
Thank you to Sister Nor of http://www.secubitgaramnor67.com for sharing her recipe. Lets look at the recipe.
Super Moist Eggless Chocolate Cake
courtesy of http://www.secubitgaramnor67.com
1 cup flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonat
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
2 tbs milk powder
1 1/4 cold water (water from fridge)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tso of vanilla essence
1/2 tsp of coffee emulco or chocolate emulco (I use chocolate emulco)
a dash of salt
1/2 cup of cooking oil or corn oil (I use sunflower oil)
1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
Chocolate Ganache - click here for the recipe.
How to do
- Heat oven at 160C
- Grease and line baking tin.
- Sieve baking powder, soda bicarbonat, flour and cocoa powder into a big bowl.
- Add in sugar, salt and milk powder, mix well.
- Add in water, vanilla essence, oil and chocolate emulco, whisk carefully and slowly till all mix well and without any lumps.
- Finally add in lemon juice/vinegar - mix immediately and thoroughly.
- Pour into lined tin and bake for 40mins or till done when tested.
- Let it cool and deco as you wish.