Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fresh Blueberry Muffin - Worth to try

I got this recipe from http://aziejaya.blogspot.com .  I had all the ingredients including fresh blueberries, very quick and required very few ingredients.

Azie's recipe yield about 9 normal size muffin.  I thought I will use smaller ones.  I got about 24 pieces of small ones and 2 normal size muffin.

I guess you can also try with any other fruits like raspberries, blackberries or even mango, peaches etc.  I should try with mango in future.

Lets look at the recipe.

Grandmother Hinckley's Blueberry Muffin

Ingredients

3 tbs butter
2/3 cawan castor sugar
1 egg - whisk lightly
1/2 cup milk
1.5 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1- 1.5cups of blueberries - washed and dried completely
1 tsp vanilla extract - (Azie added, I did not though)

Direction

1.  Beat butter together with sugar.  Next add in egg beat well and followed by milk.

2.  Sieve flour + baking powder, add into batter, followed by salt.  Mix well.

3.  Finally add in blueberries, scoop into muffin tray or into cup cake.

4.  Bake at 170C for 20-25minutes. Remove from oven.

5.  While still warm brush with melted butter and sprinkle some sugar.  Its optional - I did not do it.

6.  Cool on wire rack.

Lets savour Grandmother Hinckley's Blueberry Muffin










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quick and Easy Vegetable Briyani

Quick and Easy Vegetable Pulao with Pomegranate Raita 2nd Friday Aadhi Velli Menu of the day Naivedyam was Arisi Paruppu Payasam @ Rice ...