Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fresh Blueberry Muffin - Worth to try

I got this recipe from http://aziejaya.blogspot.com .  I had all the ingredients including fresh blueberries, very quick and required very few ingredients.

Azie's recipe yield about 9 normal size muffin.  I thought I will use smaller ones.  I got about 24 pieces of small ones and 2 normal size muffin.

I guess you can also try with any other fruits like raspberries, blackberries or even mango, peaches etc.  I should try with mango in future.

Lets look at the recipe.

Grandmother Hinckley's Blueberry Muffin

Ingredients

3 tbs butter
2/3 cawan castor sugar
1 egg - whisk lightly
1/2 cup milk
1.5 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1- 1.5cups of blueberries - washed and dried completely
1 tsp vanilla extract - (Azie added, I did not though)

Direction

1.  Beat butter together with sugar.  Next add in egg beat well and followed by milk.

2.  Sieve flour + baking powder, add into batter, followed by salt.  Mix well.

3.  Finally add in blueberries, scoop into muffin tray or into cup cake.

4.  Bake at 170C for 20-25minutes. Remove from oven.

5.  While still warm brush with melted butter and sprinkle some sugar.  Its optional - I did not do it.

6.  Cool on wire rack.

Lets savour Grandmother Hinckley's Blueberry Muffin










No comments:

Butter Cake

An evergreen recipe - remembering my childhood memories of baking butter cakes for birthdays and deepavalis.  Back then, though, we used to ...