My children's verdict - delicious, must do again, Mine - surely a kepeer, simple and quick to do, hubby's - ate with no comment so it's an A ok...
Lets look at the recipe.
Chicken Lemongrass Noodle Soup...
1/2 kg of chicken cut to bite size
4 potatoes cleaned and cut into 4 and soak in water
a handful of celery leaves - chopped roughly
1 tbs fried onions
1 Maggi Chicken cube
1 packet mix spices for soup (I did not used this)
Salt to taste
1 packet of rice noodle
Ingredients to grind (A)
4 cloves garlic
1½ inch ginger
1½ fresh turmeric
1 tbs full black pepper
2 candlenut - slice finely
Ingredients for sauté (B)
1 cinnamon stick
1 star aniseed
3 lemongrass - bruised lightly
Other ingredients (C)
Taufoo - fried an slice
Bean sprout , remove ends, wash and drain
chopped celery leaves
Hot Spicy Soya Sauce Sambal
How to prepare:
1. Soup preparation - Cut chicken into bite size, wash and toss.
2. Heat oil, sauté all in (B) till aromatic. Add ingredients from (A) and fry till the oil separates.
3. Add in the chickens, mix well, add enough water.
4. Let it boil and reduce the flame.
5. Add the chicken cube and roughly chopped celery leaves and fried onions.
6. Continue cooking till the chicken is soft, Add water if necessary.
7. When chicken is cooked, add in potato and cook till soft.
8. Add salt to taste. Let it cook for a few more minutes and remove from fire.
How to prepare the noodles - Put enough water in a pot, put in the rice noodles in, and let it cook till soft. Once cooked, drain and ready to use.
To dish out - Dish out the cooked noodles into a bowl, Pour in the soup together with the chicken and potato. Garnish with finely bean sprouts, fried taufoo, chopped celery leaves, spring onions and fried onions.
Serve hot with hot spicy soya sauce.
Enjoy just like we did