1. Preheat the oven at 170C
2. Lightly grease and lined your pan. ( I used a 9x9 pan, got a thin cake)
3. Mix the flour and baking powder and sieve together. Add salt and mix well. Set aside
3. Using an electric beater, beat butter and sugar till well combined, pale yellow in colour. The sugar has not dissolved at this point.
4. Add in the egg one at time. Beat well after each addition of egg till creamy. Scrape down after each mixing.
5. Add in vanilla essence and mix well.
6. Fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well.
7. Finally add in the milk or yogurt and mix well.
8. Pour the mixture into greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to evenly distribute cake mixture.
9. Bake until golden brown for about 40 mins or till it is done when it is tested.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
11. Serve warm.
Should the cake turn brown fast you can cover with an aluminium foil.
Time of baking depends on your oven.