Lets first look at Steamed Brownies...
source : Marida Nababan
What you need:
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
100gm chocolate powder
250gm dark cooking chocolate
chopped almonds, optional
How to do:
- Melt butter and dark chocolate. Once fully melted, stir well, remove from heat and cool it.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla essence till smooth and well mixed.
- Add flour and chocolate powder gradually into the mixture till well blended.
- Add melted butter/chocolate mixture in and stir well.
- Stir almond, if desired.
- Cover the mixture with aluminium foil before steaming to avoid the water dripping into the mixture.
- Steam over high heat for 1 ~ 1.5hours or till the cake is well done.