Tuesday, January 14, 2014
பொங்கல் வாழ்த்துகள் - Ponggal Wishes
Wishing you and your family a beautiful and wonderful ponggal celebration
My quick version of ponggal rice.
3/4 cup of rice
2 cups of water
a pinch of salt
2cups of fresh milk
1 cup of water
1 cup of jaggery
½ cup brown sugar
a handful of cashew nuts - quarted
5 tbs of golden raisins
1. Wash and soak rice for about 10 mins.
2. Pressure cook rice with 1.5cup of water and salt till 4-5 whistles
3. Heat pan, melt ghee, roast cashew nuts till brown and add raisin
4. Boil milk with water, add jaggery and brown sugar. Stir till jiggery and brown sugar dissolves.
5. Add the cooked rice and roasted cashew, raisins, ghee into milk and stir till mix thoroughly.
6. Ready for serving.
Recipe credit from @www.yummyoyummy.com This is a Keralite speciality that is best eaten with appam, idiyappam or even ghee rice. I u...
I love making this curry. It is normally a combination of a few type of vegetables usually available in Malaysia/India. Otherwise simply ad...
My dad has been pestering me for fruit cake since I am back for the holidays. Emm thought of looking out for something fast and found this...
another dish for my ladies gathering Vegetarian Dalca What you need.. 2 cups of toor dhal 2 tbs of ginger garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp of ...