Tuesday, January 14, 2014
பொங்கல் வாழ்த்துகள் - Ponggal Wishes
Wishing you and your family a beautiful and wonderful ponggal celebration
My quick version of ponggal rice.
3/4 cup of rice
2 cups of water
a pinch of salt
2cups of fresh milk
1 cup of water
1 cup of jaggery
½ cup brown sugar
a handful of cashew nuts - quarted
5 tbs of golden raisins
1. Wash and soak rice for about 10 mins.
2. Pressure cook rice with 1.5cup of water and salt till 4-5 whistles
3. Heat pan, melt ghee, roast cashew nuts till brown and add raisin
4. Boil milk with water, add jaggery and brown sugar. Stir till jiggery and brown sugar dissolves.
5. Add the cooked rice and roasted cashew, raisins, ghee into milk and stir till mix thoroughly.
6. Ready for serving.
What else can you do with rice that is simple and quick besides fried rice. Today I made Thengai Sadam, ie loosely translated Coconut Rice ...
I love making this curry. It is normally a combination of a few type of vegetables usually available in Malaysia/India. Otherwise simply ad...
Anardana Raita || Pomegranate Raita Pomegranate raita is a quick to fix dish that goes well with briyanis and variety rice. The tangy tas...
Kushka ||குஸ்கா Kushka is a simple yet flavourful rice dish. It's briyani dish without using any meat. and a South Indian speciality. ...
Bhindi Ka Salan || Ladies Fingers (Okra) Salan What is Salan. It is a Hyderabadi dish that is typically served with briyanis. It is a ...