Now lets look at Coconut Cake which Anita shared on her FB. Not only it is easy to prepare, it was also fantastic especially when it was still warm and definitely a big wow from my guests.
Lets look at the recipe
Source - Anita Muthukaruppan, New Zealand
2 cups sugar
2.5 cups flour
0.5 cups desiccated coconut
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup coconut cream
2. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
3. Mix in eggs one at a time.
4. Sift flour & baking powder into a separate bowl. Stir in coconut.
5. Alternate folding in flour mixture and coconut cream (I warm the coconut milk with pandan leaves just as suggested by Anita) into cake batter until incorporated.
6. Pour into tin and bake for 1-1.5 hr.