What you need..
1.5 kg of chicken - cut into small bites.
1 1/2 cup of yogurt - whisked (I use laban)
3 tbs chicken masala powder
1 tsp of tumeric powder
1 tbs of ginger garlic paste
1 tsp of cumin powder
1 tsp of fennel powder
1 tsp of coriander powder
1 tsp of cardamon powder
1/2 tsp of clove powder
1 big tomato - chopped
1 big onion - sliced
coriander leaves a handful
2 tbs of dried methi leaves
How to do...
- Marinate chicken with all except tomato, onions, methi and coriander for at least half hour - the longer the better.
- In a different pan cook the marinated chicken over medium fire - covered. Do not add any water.
- In the meanwhile, in a different wok/pan, heat oil sand saute onions and tomatoes till soft and brown on slow fire. Remove from fire, let it cool and blend together with coriander leaves till a fine paste.
- Once the chicken is done, add in tomato/onion paste together with methi leaves, salt and then cook on slow fire for a few more minutes till the methi leaves are soft.
- Serve with flavoured rice, plain rice or chapatis/puris/parotha.