Recipe courtesy of Resipi.Net
250 gm butter
2 cups of self raising flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 big tin or 1/3 if using small tin of condensed milk
5 prunes (slice fine) - i omitted this.
- Boil water in a steamer
- Beat butter, sugar and condensed milk till mix well
- Add egg one at a time. Mix well
- Stir in the prunes. mix well.
- Add flour a little by little stir till mix well.
- Add in the blended prunes mix well. Do not over mix.
- Grease pan with butter & line with grease paper, pour in the batter and steam for about 1.5hrs. Cover the pan with tin foil to avoid water dripping into the batter.
- If you like you can decorate with some prunes on the batter.
- If you need to refill the steamer, ensure it is with hot water so that the steaming continues.
- You can add have a mixture of half cup brown sugar and half cup sugar to give an added colour to the cake.