I have always done a simpler version of capsicum masala. This is a rich creamy gravy that goes well with all kinds of bread and even with ghee rice.
Dry Roast Items
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp chilli powder
1tbs fenugreek leaves (I used coriander leaves instead)
- Dry roast almonds, coriander seeds, groundnuts and cumin seeds.
- Blend into fine paste the dry roast items with onions, tomato, cinnamon, cloves and cardamon pods with some water.
- In a pan, heat some oil
- Once hot, saute capsicum till soft but still crunchy. Set aside
- In the same pan, add oil if needed, add bay leave and ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is done.
- Add in the blended paste and stir well on medium heat.
- Cook till the oil starts to separate
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook for another 3-4minutes. If you find it is very thick, add a little liquid to your preferred consistency.
- Add the cook capsicum and coriander leaves. Mix well and let it simmer for a few more minutes and it is ready.
- Serve hot