Monday, June 18, 2018

Eid Celebration and Cookies

Eid Mubarak to all Muslim friends.




Besides scrumptious, yummylicious food served on Eid day, cookies, cakes and all sweet deserts are part of celebrating Eid in Malaysia,Singapore and Indonesia.  I so miss the festivity back home. The arrays of food from lontong, masak lodeh, satay, nasi minyak, ayam masak merah, serunding, and dozens of cookies and cakes is a feast to your eyes (and tummy)

In the mood of celebrating Eid, I made several cookies for my Indian friend for their Eid celebration. I made a modified version of London Almond kids savour on where instead stuffing with almond, I had it blended and roll into balls and covered with cooking chocolate and sprinkle with some chopped almonds.  This recipe is credit to my sister, Malini, she can't stand seeing the almonds wasted after the kids savour on the chocolate part and cookie throwing of the almond.

Next I made 3 types of cookies from one basic dough.  Its a recipe from https://resipicitarasawan.blogspot.com/2012/08/biskut-pistachios-delight.html
where I made pistachios, almond and also coconut cookies.  And to forget also made cornflakes cookies.


Almond Cookies
Before being baked
with almonds as deco on tray before baking.


Pistachio Cookies



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quick and Easy Vegetable Briyani

Quick and Easy Vegetable Pulao with Pomegranate Raita 2nd Friday Aadhi Velli Menu of the day Naivedyam was Arisi Paruppu Payasam @ Rice ...