Friday, April 24, 2015
Almost White Vermicelli Rice Noodle @ Meehoon
I have always fried meehoon/beehoon aka vermicelli rice with some soy sauce and chilly paste rendering it almost red in colour. This time around I decided to prepare it almost white with some soy sauce. The addition of white pepper gives a slight dash of peppery taste on your tongue.
Almost White Vermicelli Rice Noodle aka Meehoon.
1 packet of 200gm vermicelli rice
1 whole bulb of garlic - pounded finely
1/2 half carrot - sliced thinly
2-3 pieces of lettuce - chopped coarsely
chicken breast cut into small pieces
1.5 tsp of white pepper
1 tsp of light soy sauce (salted)
1 whole spring onion - chopped finely
salt to taste
oil for saute
How to prepare
1. In a bowl, marinate chicken strips with white pepper, soy sauce and salt to taste. Leave it aside to marinate about 15-20mins.
2. In a pot, put in the vermicelli rice covered with cold water and put it to boil. You will noticed that the noodles will turn into nice white colour when it is almost done. Strain and keep aside.
To be sure feel it with your fingers, you will know it is cooked. You need not wait till the water starts to boil. This will only make the noodles very mushy when it cook it further.
3. In a big deep wok, heat enough oil, add in whisked egg to make it scrambled eggs. Set it aside.
4. In the same wok, heat oil, once it is hot, saute in pounded garlic till nice aromatic. Add in the marinated chicken and stir well. Cook for a few more minutes and add it carrots and lettuce to the mixture. Keep stirring and cook it further.
5. Add in the vermicelli and stir well till the sauces/chicken mixture are well coated with the vermicelli.
6. When they are fully coated, add in the scrambled eggs and chopped spring onions and mix well.
7. Ready to be serve.
** Sathiarani **
Recipe credit from @www.yummyoyummy.com This is a Keralite speciality that is best eaten with appam, idiyappam or even ghee rice. I u...
I love making this curry. It is normally a combination of a few type of vegetables usually available in Malaysia/India. Otherwise simply ad...
My dad has been pestering me for fruit cake since I am back for the holidays. Emm thought of looking out for something fast and found this...
another dish for my ladies gathering Vegetarian Dalca What you need.. 2 cups of toor dhal 2 tbs of ginger garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp of ...