What you need
2 tomatoes - chopped
a handful of shallots - sliced
a handful of coriander leaves - chopped coarsely
1 -2 sprigs of curry leaves
1-2 green chillies
salt to taste
1 tsp cumin powder
1tsp fennel powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1tsp black mustard seeds
How to do
- heat coconut oil
- add mustard seeds, once it starts to crackle, add in cumin seeds.
- next add in onions, fry for 1-2mins. Add salt to it too, (it helps to soften the onions fast)
- once the onions are soft, add in tomatoes, curry leaves and chillies.
- Add in turmeric, cumin and fennel powders, mix well
- Add water if you find it too thick.
- Finally add in chopped coriander leaves. Mix well and let it simmer for a few more minutes.
- Remove from fire and let it cool and blend either coarsely or smooth paste to your preference.