So whats next,we bought 2kilos of it and with a few more types of fresh fist from the market and headed home straight to the kitchen....
A gala day at the kitchen with the crabs and fishes...Lets see at the nandu perathal aka crab masala my mother's way....
source : my mother's...
What you require...
2kilos of crabs
3 big onions - quartered
3-4 big onions - sliced finely
1/4 cup of ginger/garlic paste
3 chilies - slit into half
sprigs of curry leaves
2 pieces of cinnamon
1 tsp of fennel seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 - 5 pieces of aniseeds
3 -4 pieces of cloves
5-6 tbs of meat currypowder (the amount depends on the spiciness required)
salt to taste
coriander leaves - chopped (optional)
How to do....
- Clean the crabs and cut into 2.
- Mix the crabs with ginger/garlic paste and leave aside.
- Heat oil in a wok/pan.
- Once the oil is hot, saute cinnamons, cardamons, aniseeds, cloves, cumins and fennels till aromatic.
- Add in the onions, chillies and tomatoes and saute till the onions are soft.
- Add in the curry leaves and crabs and mix well.
- Cook till the crabs are done.
- Mix curry powder into a paste and add into the crab. Stir well so that the paste and the crabs are coated well.
- Cook to desired gravy level.
- Serve hot with rice.