Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Pan Toast Semolina Bread
Easy to prepare snack for breakfast or teatime. Simple and quick to prepare. I love upma, nei urunde (ghee balls) and kesari made of semolina.
This is a bread filled with the goodness of vegetables and coated one part with semolina and buttermilk. You may use yogurt but whisk well with some water to have a spreadable consistency.
PAN TOAST SEMOLINA BREAD
1/3 cup of semolina flour (suji/rava/sooji)
180ml of buttermilk
4tbs of chopped carrot
4tbs of chopped red capsicum
1 chilly chopped
3tbs of chopped onion
2tbs of chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
butter or ghee
1. in a bowl mix all ingredients except butter and bread.
2. mix thoroughly till well combined.
3. heat a pan/tawa and add some ghee/butter
4. spread the batter over the bread and cook over the butter/ghee with the filling side down.
5. remember to use low heat so as to ensure it is cooked properly.
6. apply some butter/ghee on the top and flip it downside to give a toast taste on the other side.
7. serve warm with tomato sauce or chutney.
What else can you do with rice that is simple and quick besides fried rice. Today I made Thengai Sadam, ie loosely translated Coconut Rice ...
I love making this curry. It is normally a combination of a few type of vegetables usually available in Malaysia/India. Otherwise simply ad...
another dish for my ladies gathering Vegetarian Dalca What you need.. 2 cups of toor dhal 2 tbs of ginger garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp of ...
Bitter gourd is known for its bitter taste. It also has alot of medicinal value. I prefer to use the small version of bitter gourd - ...