Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baked Salmon Thai Style

I made for dinner last night, Baked Salmon Thai Style, it turned out perfectly, simple ingredients, quick to prepare and marinate an hour, bake next thing you know you enjoying the dinner...

When I bought the salmon fillet...nice orangish color, My son gave me strict warnings " no salmon for me, you have to make me something else" , no way I am going to make something else for him...  Any way, when he had his bite, not knowing that it was salmon, he said "Emm very nice" and next thing you know he finish it all. Way to go my son.

So search starts for a "eatable" dish for my family members... I saw this recipe, however, forget to take not of the source and vaguely remembered the ingredients.  Wanting it to be complete meal, I add on some asparagus and bombay onions - but it turned mushy, I should have them baked towards the last 10mins or so so that it will be just nice and tender.  Points to take note in the future....


Ingredients

4 pc of salmon fillet
1 big onion
2 lemon serai, chopped small pieces
gallangal - size of thumb
1 red chily -deseeded
1 tbs of chilli flakes - this I add on
a few kaffir leaves
salt to taste
1 cup of olive oil
Lemon juice from 1
1 big bombay onion - cut into round rings
asparagus -  a bunch - chopped the ends and cut into half

How to prepare:

1.  Clean and pat dry salmon.  rub olive oil all over.
2.  Blend galangal, onion, lemon grass, chill,kaffir leaves and chili flakes to a fine paste.
3.  Add salt, lemon juice and olive oil and blend to a fine paste.
4.  Line a baking tray with aluminium foil. Set aside
5.  Marinate the salmon fish with the lemon grass paste all over.  Place it on the baking tray, cover, cover with plastic wrapper and marinate in fridge for atleast an hour.
6.  Preheat oven at 180C for 5 mins.
7.  Cover with aluminium foil, bake for 30 mins.  Place the asparagus and onions just 10 mins before.
8.  Serve hot

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quick and Easy Vegetable Briyani

Quick and Easy Vegetable Pulao with Pomegranate Raita 2nd Friday Aadhi Velli Menu of the day Naivedyam was Arisi Paruppu Payasam @ Rice ...