This is one of the cookies which we do diligently every year when we were kids. Remember sitting around to make balls of the dough. It is quite easy and can be quite additive once we starts to snack on them. Original recipes calls for only peanuts, however I decided to add on almond powder. No regrets as it turned out very well indeed.....
Lets see the what you require for Peanuts & Almond Cookies.
PEANUTS & ALMOND COOKIES
2 cups of ground almonds
2.5 cups of ground peanuts - slight roasted and powdered
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp of baking powder
a pinch of salt
soya oil, sunflower oil or mazola oil enough to bind the flour
- Preheat oven at 180C for 10mins.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Gradually add the oil and mix well till they form a dough.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll into a ball and slightly flatten with a fork.
- Brush with egg yolk onto the cookie and if you wish to decorate can place a small groundnut on it.
- Bake at 180C for 15mins or till it is golden in color.
- Remove from oven, leave it for a few minutes before removing from pan.