Traditionally I am used to making egg curry with hard boiled egg. For a change I decided to make egg curry with making omelette. The curry itself has a tangy spicy taste.
The curry taste after a few hours of making allowing the fully savour the taste. You can make the curry a day ahead and proceed with the omelette in the morning.
Lets look at Omelette Curry
1 big sized onion
1 medium sized tomato
thumb sized ginger
2 sprigs of curry leaves
4-5 green chilly
1 tsp of fenugreeks
1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
1/2 tsp of fennel seeds
a small fist size tamarind
750ml of water
1/4 cup of milk
2tbs of chilly powder
2tbs of fish curry powder
1tsp of garam masala
1/2tsp of turmeric powder
5 sprigs of coriander leaves - chopped coarsely
salt to taste
1 medium sized onion - chopped finely
4-5 chilly - chopped finely, chilly according to your preference
2 tbs of finely chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
For making curry :
- Soak tamarind in water so loosen the pulp. Squeezed the pulp and strained the tamarind.
- Blend tomato and ginger into a fine paste.
- Make a paste from all the powders.
- In a pan, heat fenugreek seeds, fry for a few seconds, and add in cumin seeds and fennel seeds
- Add in the onions, sauté till soft, add in curry leaves and chilly, fry for a few more seconds.
- Add in the blended tomato puree, sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add in the curry paste, mix well with the tomato puree and onions, fry till you seed the oil starts to split.
- Add in tamarind juice, mix well and add salt to taste.
- Cover the pot, put fire on high and let it boil till you get the curry reduced to a desired thickness.
- Reduced the fire to Add in the milk, let the it boil slowly and add the omelette and let it simmer for a few more minutes.
- Removed from fire and add in the coriander leaves.
For making omelette:
- Chopped onions, green chilly and coriander leaves finely.
- Whish egg well with salt.
- Heat a pan with some oil and once it is hot, sauté onion and green chilly a few minutes till soft.
- Pour the sauté onion into the whisked egg, together with the chopped coriander leaves, give a good mix.
- Divide into portion to make omelette.
- Cut the omelette into desired size and into the curry.
And your are ready for a nice tangy and spicy omelette curry. Good for rice and rotis/chapatis.