To tell the truth, I am beginning to like them and I shall be trying more different style of cooking with this newly found love towards Tindly @ Kovakkai..
You can find out more about ivy gourd/tindly on this http://www.healthbenefitstimes.com/health-benefits-of-ivy-gourd/
These are matured kovakkai that do not want to cook.
350gm of kovakkai - wash and sliced thinly
1/2 tsp of mustard seeds
1/2 tsp of urad dhall
1/2 tsp of ginger garlic
1 sprig of curry leaves
1 big onion - finnely chopped
1/2 tsp of tumeric powder
1 tbs of curry powder - I used kashmiri chilly powder for the extra spiciness.
How to prepare
2. Saute the onions till soft.
3. Add in ginger garlic and curry powder stir.
4. Add in curry powder and turmeric and stir in for seconds,
5. Stir in the sliced kovakkai, mix well and and add in 2 -3 spoons of water and stir well.
6. Season with salt and cook till tender.
7. Ready to be serve with chapatis and rice.