Thursday, July 15, 2010
Dosa @ Indian Crepes...
my mum's Dosa for her granddaughter...dosa with ghee(clarified butter) and sugar.. nice eaten when it is still hot
1 cup urad dhall
2 cups of raw rice
2 tbs of cooked rice
a little fenugreek
salt to taste
1. wash the dhall and rice and soak overnight (6-8hours)with fenugreek and cooked rice
2. Grind them into fine mixture and salt to taste.
3. Leave it to ferment for several hours.
4. Heat tawa (round griddle)- once its hot, spread a spoon of the batter onn the tawa.
5. Cover for a few minutes. Spread a 1-2tsp of ghee and sprinkle some sugar over the batter and cook for a few more minutes till it is crispy.
6. Fold into 2 and serve hot with chutney or curry/sambar.
What else can you do with rice that is simple and quick besides fried rice. Today I made Thengai Sadam, ie loosely translated Coconut Rice ...
I love making this curry. It is normally a combination of a few type of vegetables usually available in Malaysia/India. Otherwise simply ad...
another dish for my ladies gathering Vegetarian Dalca What you need.. 2 cups of toor dhal 2 tbs of ginger garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp of ...
Thannirsaar is a combination of using moringa leaves and cooked dhall. The consistency is in between rasam and sambar. In other words veg...
Sothi is a simple and easy dish. I have always used fresh coconut milk, though have known people making them out from instant coconut milks...