Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pandan Chiffon Cake

During my recent trip back home during the summer, I bought myself 2 tube pan for making chiffon cake.  But then while packing I realized that I am hitting overweight, so had to leave the pans and a few others, hoping someone would be able to bring it down on the next opportunity.  True enough I got my goods not long after and finally made them.

As the name calls Pandan Chiffon Cake, it calls for pandan juice but I did not have sufficient pandan leaves to make juice so I ended with the no so natural pandan essense.

I was really surprised at the outcome as this was the first time I made them.  They turned out perfectly well which is not only moist and soft, they had a nice pandany aroma.  Lets look at some of the pictures that I have taken before you look at the recipe courtesy of www.nyonyafood.rasamalaysia.com



Meringue


Chiffon Cake






Now that you have seen the pictures lets look at the recipe.  You should try them - it is not difficult at all. 

Pandan Chiffon Cake
courtesy of  www.nyonyafood.rasamalaysia.com

Ingredients
Step 1
8 medium egg yolks
58gm fine sugar
60ml pandan/screwpine leaves juice (made from blending 6screpine leaves with 60ml water
89gm corn oil or olive oil - I used corn oil.
142gm self raising flour

Method
1.  Beat egg yolk and sugar lightly with a hand whisk till sugar dissolve.
2.  Stir in pandan juice and corn oil
3.  Fold self raising flour into egg mixture.
4.  Set aside

Step 2
Ingredients

8 egg whites
142gm fine sugar
pinch of salt

Method
1.  Beat egg whites till frothy.  Slowly add in sugar and pinch of salt while beating at high speed.
2.  Beat until the egg white is stiff and shining but not dry - about 3 minutes.

Step 3
1.  Preheat oven at 175C
2.  Use a spatula and gently fold egg yolk mixture into the egg white(meringue)
3.  Pour into an ungreased 25cm tube pan
4.  Bake for 40-45mins
5.  Once cake is cooked, removed from oven immediately and invert pan onto wire rack.  Let it cool before removing cake from pan.  Use a butter knife to go around the pan to remove the cake from the tube pan.

Have fun trying out!

Sathiarani

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Quick and Easy Vegetable Briyani

Quick and Easy Vegetable Pulao with Pomegranate Raita 2nd Friday Aadhi Velli Menu of the day Naivedyam was Arisi Paruppu Payasam @ Rice ...