Another great dish from eggs. There are many variations or style one can do out of an egg, curries or gravy, omelettes, quiche to name a few.
When you want something quick nothing beats an egg curry or gravy. This time I tried out Punjabi Style Egg Curry. Mr Hubby likes the egg in a gravy or sambal shallow fry. Best with chapatis, rotis and rice.
EGG GRAVY PUNJABI STYLE
4 hard boiled eggs
1 big onion
2 green chilly (optional - if you desire heat in your curry)
1tsp ginger garlic paste
2 medium sized tomato
1 green chilly
1 bay leave
1 small cinnamon stick
2 tsp chilly powder
1.5 tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1- 1.5 cups water (adjust accordingly)
salt to taste
1 tsp kasuri methi (optional- I did not use)
- Boil egg with some salt. Remove shell, either prick with fork or make several slits with knife.
- Heat some oil and shallow fry the eggs till golden brown.
- Puree onion and tomato separately. If using chilly blend together with onion. Set aside
- Heat a pot with some oil. Pop in bay leave, cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamoms and allow to splutter.
- Add in pureed onion, saute for a few minutes on medium heat or till onion starts to leave oil.
- Add in ginger garlic paste, stir well for several minutes or till the raw smell is gone.
- Add in tomato puree, mix well with onion and ginger garlic paste, fry till the raw smell is off.
- Add in garam masala, chilly powder and turmeric.
- Stir in well together on medium heat, till aromatic and oil starts to separate.
- Pour in water enough to make a portion of gravy. Stir well and let it boil to a desired thickness.
- Salt to season.
- Add in the eggs, kasuri methi, if using , mix thoroughly. and let it simmer on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.