This is what happens when you have a few home grown radish at hand (courtesy of a lovely neighbour) and wants to clear them before you go on holiday..
I was once told that you can actually use the leaves of the radish - well fancy that. So when I saw the radish that was given to me they were so nice elegant looking vegetable - the radish was just nice in size not too bulky and longish like the size of an adult palm and the green leaves were so green and vibrant (I should have taken the pictures before chopping them) so the outcome is Stir Fry Radish Leaves.
While cutting and frying the leaves, you can smell the peppery kind of smell something like mint...
What you need...
1 onion - chopped/sliced fine
3-4 garlic - chopped/minced finely
salt to taste
How to do....
- wash and clean well the leaves
- chopped finely the leaves
- Heat oil (I used olive oil).
- once the oil is hot, fry the garlic for a few minutes.
- add the onions and stir till soft.
- add in the leaves and salt, stir well and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with rice..